.pharmacy is a secure and trustworthy top-level domain where consumers around the globe can be sure the medications they buy online are authentic and safe.
Why do we need .pharmacy?
Today, the vast majority of websites selling prescription drugs online are doing so illegally — many of them selling unapproved, substandard, and counterfeit medicine.
NABP has reviewed more than 10,000 Internet drug outlets selling prescription medications and found nearly 97% to be out of compliance with United States pharmacy laws and practice standards that protect the public health. Of these Web sites identified as Not Recommended, nearly half offer foreign or non-Food and Drug Administration-approved drugs, and many distribute dangerous counterfeits to unsuspecting consumers.
Who may register .pharmacy domain names?
Legitimate online pharmacies and prescription drug-related organizations worldwide meeting program standards are eligible to register for a .pharmacy domain name. This global pharmacy community includes, but is not limited to:
- Independent community pharmacies
- Chain pharmacies and any retailers offering pharmacy services
- Internet pharmacies
- Pharmacy benefit management companies
- Veterinary pharmacies
- Schools and colleges of pharmacy and continuing professional education providers
- Wholesale drug distributors
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies providers
- Prescription drug-related patient advocacy and consumer education groups
- Prescription drug information and pharmacy referral sites
- Medical professionals advertising services related to a prescription drug
How do I register a .pharmacy domain name?
NABP will ensure that all registrants within the .pharmacy gTLD are vetted prior to registration to confirm that they meet all applicable regulatory standards, including pharmacy licensure, drug authenticity, and valid prescription requirements, in the jurisdictions where they are based and where they serve patients.